About the Diesel Mechanic position
We are looking for a capable Auto Mechanic who will repair our vehicles and maintain them. Your duties will include troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality. Besides you will communicate with customers to provide them with advice.
You should be well-versed in complex mechanical or electrical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities as well as good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
Diesel Mechanic responsibilities are:
- Examine components and general state of vehicle engine to diagnose issues accurately
- Examine vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Organize maintenance work (including replacing fluids, lubricating parts and so on) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity, on a regular basis
- Organize additional maintenance sessions, develop schedules and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Replace or repair dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Perform accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Manage logs on work and issues
- Ensure equipment and tools are properly maintained
Diesel Mechanic requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working as a Diesel Mechanic or other relevant position
- Significant experience with vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles and diesel trucks
- Experience of handling various tools and heavy equipment
- Ability to comply with all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Good physical condition
- Clean driving record and valid driver license
- High school diploma; additional certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship, as well as a professional certification such as ASE will be a bonus